Thursday, April 07, 2005

Times and People Change

A while back, while getting ready to go to a party, I discovered my dressy pants were too short. I'm still 5'3" so it seems the pants shrunk. I used to toss things into a bag to donate immediately but now I ponder a bit more. Perhaps I can still use this?

In a moment of revelation, I realize that the pattern on these pants match the color scheme in our cabin kitchen. No, I wasn't planning on hanging pants from the wall, but I did need cloth napkins up there. (I had promised no cloth napkins there until the home cloth napkins proved successful.) I approached my husband with this idea and he loved it. "Those will be beautiful," I believe he said.

Odd, he didn't say that when I first talked about cloth napkins. The point is, time and people can change, especially when faced with good results. Family members who aren't on board with your frugal lifestyle can eventually come around.

No comments: