Saturday, June 25, 2005

In the Mountain Greenery, Where God Paints the Scenery

It's the title of a Mel Torme song in case you're curious, Jim's a big fan. It just seemed appropriate.

We made it to the mountains yesterday afternoon with minimal fuss. Despite higher than normal temperatures, the worms were fat and cozy in the compost bin. We lost only a few leaves on the zucchini plants on the trip up. The basil had a basketball dropped on it after we were here but I think it will rebound.

The car hasn't moved from the spot I parked it in yesterday. One of my goals for the summer is to see how long I can go without using the car. I loaded the boys into the bike trailer yesterday eveing and rode with the girls down to the local grocery store to pick up a few essentials. Dragging 95 pounds of little boys behind you up a hill is no easy task but it makes me feel less guilty about taking the summer off from teaching aerobics.

Much of today was spent at the lake. It was 95 degrees here, I believe we set a record. The kids were just happy to splash around. For me, the pristine beauty of the pine trees when you swim out is breathtaking. I love this place!

No comments: