Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanksgiving is in Two Days

Jennifer over at Vegan Lunchbox posted her Thanksgiving menu and I think I'm going to use it or at least gather inspiration from it. I have all the ingredients except the frozen puff pastry which I can pick up on my way home from work tonight. Although, I still like the idea of a nut roast. Check out this link that Crystal sent me. Obviously, I've ruled nothing out.

Its funny, trying something new is a very me thing. Jim and the kids all want the Tofurky feast which I traditionally make the day after Thanksgiving. (Not to worry, this year is no exception!) They would all be perfectly happy if I made the Red Lentil Roast again to bring to my mom's. Who knows, maybe I still will.

I'll be making my pumpkin pie Wednesday night as well as experimenting with a vegan coconut custard pie recipe. If the coconut custard is a bomb it will stay home and no one will be the wiser. Raspberry Fig Bars are on the baking agenda as well.

We have a rather unique plan for Black Friday, which I'm already sick of hearing about. We're heading up to the Adirondacks Friday morning, as we always do. We spend the weekend listening to Christmas records and decorating for Christmas, which is fun but silly since we won't be back until New Year's. We also make our Christmas cards while we're there. This year we're adding a new element. On the way up to the Adirondacks we're hitting all our favorite thrift stores for a truly unusual Black Friday shopping event. We can't wait, although more than one person we know thinks we're a bit daffy.

I promise, tomorrow I'll have an actual Thanksgiving menu planned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a great thanksgiving day and wekeend too!

Katie said...

Thanks, you too!