Sunday, July 22, 2007

My Training is Complete!

The last week has just flown by. For seven days everything I did centered around my Yoga for the Special Child training. The class ran from 9:00 to 5:00 every day. That meant I was up and out of the house by 8:30 at the latest and home just in time to make a quick dinner. Jim really picked up the slack for me with the kids which made the whole experience possible.

The training itself was amazing. Sonia Sumar is just an inspiration to me. Her training was a unique blend of lecture, practice and observation. Of all the trainings I have been to in my life, this was the first one that got me so excited. It wasn't just the subject, it was the people that I met while I was there. All of them had such a commitment to helping children and they were so down to earth about all the hard work they were doing.

We were able to observe Sonia working with several children but the highlight for me was when Sonia worked with Kyle on Wednesday. I feel so much more qualified to help him realize his potential using yoga now that I saw Sonia working with him.

When I began the training I was thinking only in terms of working with Kyle but now I'm leaning towards working with other children with disabilities. Its funny the paths you suddenly find yourself on.

No comments: