Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Speaking of Beans

I just found a cookbook called The Bean Gourmet Presents the Greatest Little Bean Cookbook by Tom Chasuk. This is one quirky little cookbook. He uses beans in everything from breakfasts to beverages.

I used his quesadilla recipe as the inspiration for the quesadillas I made tonight. I used his combination of spices and cooking technique. I used vegan cheese and I added chopped tomatoes because I like them and so do my kids. It really was delcious.

I'm anxious to try his Bean Hash recipe since corned beef hash was a favorite of Jim's way back when. From what I've read so far, the ingredients are common and there is minimal prep and cooking in all of his recipes. This might be a good one to take out of the library for any bean newbies out there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for a muffin/cake recipe using beans...does the cookbook by any chance have one of those? I know it sounds strange, but I am convinced it would work! It sounds like a really interesting book!

Courtney

Katie said...

Courtney,
He's got a recipe for Garlic Bean Bread, Bean Panakes, Bean pumpkin pie and bean cheesecake but not one for what I would consider a traditional muffin or cake recipe. He's even got a chocolate mousse recipe that includes beans. Its definitely an interesting read.

Ruthie said...

coutney,

I did a search for "bean muffins" on google and got a lot of hits. :)

ruthie

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!

Courtney