Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Robert Declares Friday Pizza Night at our House!

For anyone who was intrigued by yesterday's post about leasing an apple tree and is hoping to find a place near them who does this, give these links a try.

http://www.wilson.edu/csasearch/search.asp

http://www.localharvest.org/

You can also find more traditional CSA's at these sites. Now's the time to join one. I won't torture you with all the reasons why you should join one. Instead you can click on CSA in my topic list on the left and learn more. I will say this, joining a CSA is one of the best things we've ever done for our family's health. Now go join one!

After much ambivilence on my part, I've finally decided to put pen to paper and write out a two week dinner rotation. With the kids requiring so much of my energy lately, it will help keep me on track in the kitchen. I'll let you know how it evolves.

Robert has become very interested in certain spects of the kitchen, mainly making pizza. He has requested that Friday nights become pizza night and he's offered to help make the dough with his brother on Thursday night. He's even agreed to help make the cheese. (I hate spelling it with a z, or calling it uncheese, you all know I mean vegan cheese).

I've agreed but it makes me a little sad. Their sisters want no part of cooking and are rarely home for dinner since they joined the working world. Making dough and rolling it out is no longer part of their repertiore. Jim and I are beginning to re-experience what its like to have just two kids. Its hard to believe that this post is only just over a year old! At the same time, its nice to see the all the kids growing and maturing into new roles. It's also a lot easier to get two kids moving when you have to go somewhere than four.

No matter what, making Fridya night pizza night sounds like a good idea.

2 comments:

Marcie said...

I just made out a two week dinner rotation about, well, two weeks ago. So far so good! *good* I'll be interested to read more about it, if you go into more detail here. Friday on the first week is homemade pizza night, and Friday the second week is veggie fritters. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links! I have been a member of a CSA for a while, but I have never heard of that apple idea--I love it. I don't think anyone is doing it around here, and I am SO jealous!

Courtney