Monday, February 02, 2009

Knitting Needle Fix

I've unraveled all this yarn so naturally that leads to more knitting projects. I found this mitten pattern which would go nicely with the Calorimetry that I'd made. I got the yarn all set up, because naturally I'm not using a chunky yarn, I'm using several yarns together to create a chunky yarn. That's when I discovered that I didn't have size four single point needles, not even in the set of needles that I got at the thrift store last year. It seems the fours in that were replaced with sixes! What to do?

I wound a rubber bands around the end of each of two double pointed size fours creating a pair of temporary single point needles. This worked great for my mitten project because I didn't have too many stitches to cast on. If the project had been bigger it wouldn't have worked as well.

No comments: